Outside the U.S.
I love to travel, and over the years have made friends and connections in other countries. If you're planning to invest in their real estate or just visit some of these places, please check out these links and let my friends know I sent you! I'll be adding more countries and more links every year.
United Kingdom: here is a fabulous flat in London for sale!
Panama has a booming economy and a vibrant real estate market, along with a low cost of living compared to America's and Europe's. Plus, there are no hurricanes or earthquakes. Here are some websites to check out if you're planning a trip to Panama.
- Golden Frog Inn, El Valle de Anton - Becky and Larry are your hosts at this B&B located on the crater wall with a fabulous view of El Valle, where many wealthy Panamanians have second homes.
- Cumana Bistro, El Valle - This restaurant is high priced by Panamanian standards, but your meal will be memorable: an exquisite prix fixe menu served with a nice selection of wines or cocktails in the European chef's own home.
- Boquete Garden Inn, Boquete - Stay in a recently remodeled self-catered studio at Jason and Susan's lovely B&B. They can arrange day trips for white-water rafting, hiking, and zip-lining adventures.
- Il Pianista, Boquete - Robin's husband grew up in Italy and is very picky about Italian food. He pronounced this pizza restaurant to be the best he has found outside of Italy. The chef is Sicilian, and his wife, who served us, is a hoot.
- Paradise Gardens, Boquete - This beautifully landscaped garden is actually an animal rescue center staffed by friendly volunteers. Robin fell in love with Loti the Margay and the adorable monkeys. Monkeys "adorable"? These are, especially the baby capuchin.
- Cielito Sur, Volcan - This B&B in an unbelievably beautiful Alpine setting has fruit trees, flowers, streams, and hummingbirds galore. The hosts, Glenn and Janet, also a great chef, grow and roast their own coffee--and it is delicious!
Haven't you always wanted to live on an island? Isla Palenque is an award-winning resort being developed on the Pacific coast. Choose your homesite, whether you want a luxurious villa on the beach or a maintenance-free condo on the golf course.
Even if you are not currently dreaming of a vacation or retirement home, you may enjoy learning more about Isla Palenque and other resort properties. If you would like to arrange a tour of Isla Palenque, contact Robin.
Thinking of building your dream home in Panama? Roca Milagro has lots for sale and selected builders to help you design and build your retirement home or getaway. Tell Phil or Sieg that Robin sent you.
The expat community in Costa Rica is well established, not only for retirees but for executives and families from all over the world. This gorgeous custom home in the exclusive gated neighborhood of Hacienda del Sol is one of two that Leo has for sale. Tell him we sent you!
If you're near Ojochal de Osa, my favorite area in Costa Rica, stop by Citrus Restaurante and have a drink, lunch, or dinner.
Everyone should go to Italy at least once, if not for the priceless Renaissance art, then for the food! Real estate off the beaten path, in Umbria and Sicily, can be a bargain. Homes and apartments in and near cities are priced similarly to those in America, but the cost of living is lower. We'll be adding more links in the future, but for now if you plan to visit Italy, see the following links.
- Best B&B in Turin - Roberta is a wonderful hostess, and this conveniently located B&B is comfortable, stylish, and well priced. The breakfasts are great!
- If you want to see as many birds, animals, plants as you can in southern Africa, there is no better guide than Joe Grosel of Eden Routes Eco-Safaris and Tours. Joe is a wildlife management expert, photographer, and ornithologist who specializes in all-inclusive birding, photographic, botanical, and wildlife tours. Joe knows the best places and times to spot The Big Five game animals and can actually call birds closer for a better look. He's also a good cook and raconteur, and he makes a mean G&T!
- For a comfortable stay near Cape Town, you could walk to the beach from the well-appointed Guineau Fowl House, located in the quaint fishing/surfing village of Kommitjie. Michele will look after you, and even give you pottery lessons.
Traveling in Morocco is easy, inexpensive, and comfortable. The Moroccan people are friendly and hospitable, plus, you can't beat the food! Morocco also produces some nice wines.
- For a luxurious hotel/resort experience just outside Essaouira, visit Le Jardin des Douars. Mehdi and his staff will take excellent care of you, and you can take your pick of two swimming pools and dine in the elegant restaurant or outside on the terrace.
- If you're staying in Marrakesh, you cannot do better than Riad Tizwa. Daniel and his staff can arrange your transportation, tell you about shops in the nearby souk, and recommend restaurants; or cook and serve you a romantic dinner on the rooftop terrace.
- Need a driver in Casablanca to take you to see the sights and arrange airport shuttle service? I highly recommend Abdelhadi Rejraji of Mirage Transport. He grew up in Casablanca and can give you the history of the city as he safely whisks you through the terrifying city traffic. His telephone number is 212 (0)661-451885 and fax is 212 (0)522-470792.
- Resort properties around the world - Vacation from your computer and choose a place to visit or even invest in for your retirement.